Monday 14 March 2016

The first of many

Hello hi


So I finally get to be part of this blogging world which I decided to give a try after months of people hounding me about it. I'm not a good writer nor a great speaker but I am an artist and I do enjoy sharing hence the name YamYakhoYethu which when directly translated means "yours mine ours", so...this is me sharing myself with you. 

Let me share a little about myself as I mentioned earlier I'm an artist... a textiles design artist to be exact, I own a small textiles business named YamYakhoYethu where I design fabric patterns and  screen print on fabric to make bags. Slowly but surely I'll be venturing into homeware so keep your eyes open for that. Let me share some images.
..

The first of many

YamYakhoYethu's first pattern design, first print and first product :) I love this. This particular design was inspired by rondavels or huts and how they've changed through the years, also how a lot of cultures have their own way of interpreting the form of a rondavel or hut, this was my interpretation in pattern form called "Where the Hut is".






...and then there were many...
I still remember the four ladies that bought these bags... in the exact order they bought them...exciting times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment